March 22nd, 2018
Spelling: We reviewed rules for adding suffixes to words.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Friday.
Reading: Today we started reading some poetry about working hard to achieve goals.
Writing: We talked about writing an interesting lead at the beginning of the story to hook the reader. Starting with talking, action, or visual details are interesting ways to start a story.
Students also worked on revising their novel.
The novel project is due Wednesday, March 28. Homework is work on writing for at least 15 minutes.
Science: We wrote notes about conductors and insulators today.
Social Studies: We wrote notes about circular flow today. We’ll have a MiniQuiz about that soon.
- STEM Tales Family Literacy Night is tonight, Thursday, March 22 from 5:30-7 pm. Join us for a magic show, experiments, and reading under the stars in the small gym!
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time?
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.