May 25th, 2018
Spelling: We practiced common spelling patterns for the /ou/ sound.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Friday.
Reading: None today.
Writing: Students worked on making a decision from their research and supporting it with evidence. The Find It, Decide It project is due Friday, June 1. Homework is to finishing drafting by Tuesday with a list of five similarities, five differences, and five reasons for the decision, with sources.
Science: Students dissected owl pellets today to discover what owls use as a source of food and energy. Most students found various rodents and two groups found the remains of a sparrow or other small bird.
Social Studies: We looked at artifacts that immigrants brought to America and analyzed why they would bring the items.
Character Strength: There are no new character strengths this year.
- Wear McGrath shirts or red or black for a school picture on Tuesday! Our school was third place in the country for raising money for Dimes for Diapers and ABC12 will be here to snap a photo of us!
- End of the Year activities:
- Field Day, June 1. See the schedule.
- Dairy Queen Field Trip, June 12. Family members are invited to walk with us. Student order forms are needed by June 7.
- End of the Year Potluck and Picnic, June 13. Family members are invited to lunch and to help with games. See our volunteer list here.
- Rollhaven Field Trip, June 14. Family members are invited to go with us.
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time?
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.