May 31st, 2018
Spelling: Students made Words to Learn lists from words they missed on the last spelling test. These are words for your student to study for our next test.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Friday.
Reading: Today was a reading skills practice day. Also, all library books are due tomorrow.
Science: We set up plant experiments to test if plants need:
- heat (not too much and not too little)
We also tested if plants need soil using our class dinosaur plant. To the right is our plant after water was added, expanding from being dormant to growing in less than one hour, with no soil. But clearly it needs water.
Social Studies: None today.
Character Strength: There are no new character strengths this year.
- End of the Year activities:
- Field Day, June 1. See the schedule. Students should bring a change of clothes, a swimsuit, a towel, sunblock, and a water bottle. Girls, please wear suits that are one piece, a two-piece suit that meets in the middle, or a two-piece suit that is covered up. Boys, please have a shirt to wear with your swimsuit.
- Dairy Queen Field Trip, June 12. Family members are invited to walk with us. Student order forms are needed by June 7.
- End of the Year Potluck and Picnic, June 13. Family members are invited to lunch and to help with games. See our volunteer list here.
- Rollhaven Field Trip, June 14. Family members are invited to go with us.
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time?
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.