September 11th, 2018
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Friday. This week’s assignment will be due next Friday.
Reading: Today we practiced signing in to STAR Reading. We’ll take a STAR test this week.
Writing: We organized our Google Drive to prepare for writing this year. Students from last year organized their 4th grade writing into a folder to save. New students created a digital portfolio to store writing projects in for this year. A personal narrative is due Monday, September 24. Homework is to select a personal memory to write about.
Science: None today.
Social Studies: Due to Patriot Day, we talked about the history of the September 11 events.
Character Strength: This week we are reviewing the #OtherPeopleMatter mindset this week. This is about five things:
- Look for the good in others.
- Know your words and actions affect others.
- Cheer for the success of others.
- Support others when they struggle.
- Give others your attention.
- School Supply list
- Chromebook insurance payments are due September 27.
- Need to update your contact information or send in your email address or phone number? Do that here.
- Parents and family members, find out more information about our class here.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
- More class information…
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.