September 18th, 2018
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Friday.
Reading: We talked about rereading when things get confusing, and how to think about the sequence of a story. We also read some of a a realistic fiction story about a boy that raised chickens to support his family.
Writing: We talked about the three main details of story writing:
- talking: what the characters say
- action: what the characters do
- visual details: what the characters and places look like.
Every story should have a mix of these details over and over.
Students also started revising their personal narrative today by adding parts, taking out parts that don’t fit, improving ideas, and finishing unfinished thoughts. A personal narrative is due Monday, September 24. Homework is to work on writing for 15 minutes.
Science: We learned about a rainforest ecosystem that isn’t thriving and we will investigate reasons why in science in the coming days.
Social Studies: None due to extra science today.
- MSTEP test reports were sent home Thursday.
- Chromebook insurance payments are due September 27.
- Picture Day is Friday!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
- Sign up for a fall conference.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.