September 20th, 2018
Spelling: We started a spelling pretest today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Friday.
Reading: We practiced Literature Circles reading groups today. In Literature Circles, students will read a small book and write notes on one day, and then discuss their notes a following day.
Writing: Students shared their writing with a partner to give each other revising and editing comments and suggestions on how to improve their writing.
Students should be editing for spelling, capitals, sentences, periods, and paragraphs at this point. A personal narrative is due Monday, September 24. Homework is to work on writing for 15 minutes.
Science: Students work in groups to make a terrarium with soil, grass seed, and alfalfa seed. We’ll use it as model to observe an ecosystem.
Social Studies: We read about how American Indians might have crossed over a land bridge during a past ice age to reach North America.
- Picture Day is tomorrow!
- The BioBlitz field trip is Friday, September 28 from 9:15-2:30. Students need a sack lunch with disposable containers. Would you like to chaperone? Just contact me and make sure you have a volunteer profile on file with the office.
- Chromebook insurance payments are due September 27.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
- Sign up for a fall conference.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.