September 21st, 2018
Spelling: We finished a spelling pretest today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: We practiced Literature Circles reading groups today. Today we reviewed making connections by thinking about something a story reminds us of.
Writing: Students worked on editing and publishing their personal narrative. A personal narrative is due Monday, September 24. Homework is to work on writing for 15 minutes and to finish publishing.
Science: We used a scale tool to think about the sizes of different objects from people, to jellyfish, to grains of sand, to cells. We are going to use this information to try to answer how animals grow their bodies so that we can figure out why the animals in our study rainforest aren’t healthy.
Social Studies: We read about how American Indians might have migrated to North America and then spread out to eventually live in different parts of North and South America.
- The BioBlitz field trip is Friday, September 28 from 9:15-2:30. Students need a sack lunch with disposable containers. Would you like to chaperone? Just contact me and make sure you have a volunteer profile on file with the office.
- Chromebook insurance payments are due September 27.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
- Sign up for a fall conference.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.