September 24th, 2018
Spelling: We reviewed suffixes, which are letters added onto the end of a base word. We also practiced irregular verbs. Most verbs can be made past tense by adding -ed: packed, fished, opened. Irregular verbs involve a change of the base word: hold/held, run/ran, draw/drew.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: We read some stories today about families who got stuck in some natural disasters and had to rethink some ideas in order to be safe.
Writing: We started work on our second piece of writing, another personal narrative. We will work on this for three weeks, so the minimum length is one page. Today, students started prewriting a list of topic ideas or a list of events from the topic they selected. A personal narrative is due Friday, October 12. Homework is to work on writing for 15 minutes.
Science: We used a scale tool again to think about the sizes of different objects down to individual atoms. We also read about how everything is made of matter, and matter can be connected together to form molecules.
Social Studies: We read about how American Indians developed their own cultures and languages and developed into civilizations over time.
- The BioBlitz field trip is Friday, September 28 from 9:15-2:30. Students need a sack lunch with disposable containers. Would you like to chaperone? Just contact me and make sure you have a volunteer profile on file with the office.
- Chromebook insurance payments are due September 27.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
- Sign up for a fall conference here.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.