September 26th, 2018
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: Today was a reading skills practice day using AR and MobyMax Reading.
Writing: Students completed prewriting conferences today by commenting on a partner’s prewriting. Students also worked on their prewriting. A personal narrative is due Friday, October 12. Homework is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Your student should be finished with prewriting by now.
Math: We practiced comparing and ordering decimals today. We also talked about using class and home time wisely to level up on math skills continually. We noticed that some students in our class aren’t practicing math for very many minutes. Homework is to practice math for 15 minutes using MobyMax or Khan Academy.
Science: We wrote notes about ecosystems and about our reading this week about how everything is made of matter.
Social Studies: Today was a leader lesson that gave students a chance to think about a possible project they would like to work on to improve our school this year.
- The BioBlitz field trip is Friday, September 28 from 9:15-2:30. Students need a sack lunch with disposable containers. Would you like to chaperone? Just contact me and make sure you have a volunteer profile on file with the office. Chaperones, there are no bus seats available for chaperone rides. You’ll have to drive or carpool.
- Chromebook insurance payments are due September 27.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
- Sign up for a fall conference here.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.