September 27th, 2018
Spelling: We reviewed how adding suffixes onto base words changes their meaning and sometimes changes the spelling of the base word.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: We continued to read a realistic fiction story about a scavenger hunt. We also practiced writing notes about important passages.
Writing: Students started their draft today. A personal narrative is due Friday, October 12. Homework is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Your student should be drafting by now.
Science: We wrote notes about how animals eat to get matter for growing and repairing their bodies.
Social Studies: We compared and contrasted American Indian structures and then practiced using a social studies website to review important ideas.
- The BioBlitz field trip is tomorrow, Friday, September 28 from 9:15-2:30. Students need a sack lunch with disposable containers. Chaperones, there are no bus seats available for chaperone rides. You’ll have to drive or carpool.
- Chromebook insurance payments are due TODAY, September 27.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
- Sign up for a fall conference here.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.