October 11th, 2018
Spelling: Today was a preview of upcoming spelling words.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: None today due to extra time with writing.
Writing: Students worked on editing conferences today. We also talked about adding talking, action, and visual details throughout a story. All three details are needed to write complete scenes. We also started publishing today by making final changes to our writing. A personal narrative is due Friday, October 12. Homework is to work on writing for 15 minutes.
Science: We read about food webs and how matter is recycled in a ecosystem, moving from plants, to animals, even to air and back to living organisms. Homework is to finish notebook p. 22 if not done in class.
Social Studies: None today due to the Walk a Thon.
Character Strength: We are learning about looking for the good in others this week.
- Our October book order is due Friday, October 12. You can order online.
- The Walk-a-Thon is Thursday, October 11. Please attend and look for ways to help contribute to our school!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
- Sign up for a fall conference here.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.