October 25th, 2018
Spelling: We worked on Words to Learn lists for a final class day. This is your student’s custom list of spelling words to practice for the next spelling test.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles. Students read and wrote notes about their reading.
Writing: We talked about adding visual details to show what characters look like.
Students also worked on revising again today. A personal narrative is due Sunday, November 4. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes.
Science: We started to read a book to help us answer where plants get their food.
Social Studies: We started to learn about European explorers and how Vikings were possibly the first Europeans to reach North America.
- The Harvest Festival is Monday, October 29 from 6-8 pm!
- Our class Hawaiian Beach Bash party is Friday, November 2, from 12:30-3:30. Here’s our volunteer and guest list. We are looking for family members to help with food serving and games.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
- Sign up for a fall conference here.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.