October 26th, 2018
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: Today was a discussion day in Literature Circles. Students discussed the notes they wrote yesterday.
Writing: Students worked on revising conferences today by commenting on a partner’s writing.
Students also worked on revising again today. A personal narrative is due Sunday, November 4. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes.
Science: We read about how plants store energy from the sun as food, then herbivores eat plants, and carnivores eat herbivores. The energy moves up the food chain.
Social Studies: We learned about the “Maturity Continuum:”
- dependence: always needing help from others
- independence: doing things yourself
- interdependence: working with others
- The Harvest Festival is Monday, October 29 from 6-8 pm!
- Our class Hawaiian Beach Bash party is Friday, November 2, from 12:30-3:30. Here’s our volunteer and guest list. We are looking for family members to help with food serving and games.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
- Sign up for a fall conference here.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.