November 27th, 2018
Spelling: Students reviewed their last writing grades and comments and wrote some notes in a writing log.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: Today was a reading skills practice day using MobyMax Reading.
Writing: We talked about some options for our next piece of writing:
- Students may write another fiction story using their imagination.
- Students may write a personal narrative about an event that happened to themselves.
- Students may write a fictionalized personal narrative.
Students also started prewriting today. A narrative story is due Sunday, December 16. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Your student should be prewriting their ideas at this point.
Science: We read about how soil is made from many types of matter that have been broken down by decomposers. Homework is to finish notebook p. 62 if not done in class.
Social Studies: We read about the plants and animals that have moved between the Old and New Worlds during the Columbian Exchange.
Character Strength: We are learning about the #OtherPeopleMatter mindset this week.
- The pizza kit fundraiser for 5th grade camp is going on right now. Orders are due December 7.
- Is your student doing a Daily Homework Time? Here’s a sample schedule and more ideas to get started.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.