January 9th, 2019
Spelling: We practiced writing contractions and possessive pronouns, learning when to use an apostrophe: it’s/its, there’s/theirs.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: We took a MobyMax reading assessment today.
This Choose Your Own Adventure fiction gamebook project is due Wednesday, January 23. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Students should finish their Bubbl.us prewriting tonight if it’s not finished yet, and it would be a good idea to continue to work on the first page of their writing in their Google Site.
Choose Your Own Adventure Resources
- See examples of Choose Your Own Adventure fiction websites here and here.
- Here are some good student examples:
- Look at an Underground Railroad Choose Your Own Adventure website.
- Look through the Underground Railroad Interactive History Adventure book (hint: search for “the end” to see some of the endings of the book).
- Look at some examples of different kinds of endings in a Choose Your Own Adventure Story.
- View the titles of all the Choose Your Own Adventure books to get adventure topic ideas.
- Play Zork, a text-based computer game. Here is a list of commands and directions. Here is a map of the dungeon if you get stuck or lost.
- Play Oregon Trail, another text-based computer game.
- Find a complete list of resources here.
Science: None today due to the late start.
Social Studies: None today due to the late start.
Character Strength: We are learning about perseverance this week.
- Is your student doing a Daily Homework Time?
Here’sa sample schedule and more ideas to get started.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.