February 13th, 2019
Spelling: We reviewed irregular verbs, which are verbs that cannot be made past tense by adding –ed. Examples: see/saw, go/went, tell/told. This will be the skill tested on Friday’s spelling test.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: None today due to a class about coping strategies when dealing with emotions.
Writing: We continued writing a literary essay together using the elements of an essay. Students also selected a book to write an essay on. Here is also an example essay to look at. A literary essay is due Friday, February 22.
Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Starting tonight, your student can begin working on their literary essay. Students should read the book those chose today, decide what the book is teaching about (the theme), and then work on some prewriting.
Science: We read a little about the phases of water and what water molecules look like.
Social Studies: We read about the New England, Middle, and Southern colonial regions. They each had their own type of climate and natural resources which influenced how the colonists lived.
Character Strength: We are learning about love this week.
- Our Feb Factor Valentine’s Party is Thursday, February 14 from 9-noon. See our volunteer and guest list here.
- Middle school course request sheets are due February 14.
- Our class is practicing and performing a play in March, called The Legend of Lightning Larry. Here is our practice schedule.
- Is your student doing a Daily Homework Time?
Here’sa sample schedule and more ideas to get started.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- The second marking period ends today.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.