February 15th, 2019
Spelling: None today. We’ll have a spelling test next week.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: Students worked on a reading assessment using MobyMax.
Writing: Students worked on prewriting their literary essay today. Some also worked on prewriting conferences and began their draft. Here is a literary essay we started together using the elements of an essay. And here is an example essay to look at. A literary essay is due Friday, February 22.
Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Your student should be done prewriting by this weekend and starting their draft.
Science: None today.
Social Studies: None today.
Character Strength: We are learning about love this week.
- Our class is practicing and performing a play in March, called The Legend of Lightning Larry. Here is our practice schedule.
- Is your student doing a Daily Homework Time? Here’s a sample
schedule andmore ideas to get started.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- The second marking period ends today.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.