February 19th, 2019
Spelling: We worked on a writing log entry for our Choose Your Own Adventure stories, logging bright spots and areas to work on. Also, we’ll have a spelling test this week.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: We started planning our class play, which we will begin practicing next week.
Writing: Students worked on drafting their literary essay today. Here is a literary essay we started together using the elements of an essay. And here is an example essay to look at. A literary essay is due Friday, February 22.
Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Your student should be finishing their draft tonight.
Science: We wrote notes about phases of water and drew a diagram of water molecules in the liquid and gas phases.
Social Studies: We read about what life was like in the middle colonies.
Character Strength: We are learning about love more this week.
- Our class is practicing and performing a play in March, called The Legend of Lightning Larry. Here is our practice schedule.
- Is your student doing a Daily Homework Time? Here’s a sample
schedule andmore ideas to get started.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- The second marking period ends today.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.