February 20th, 2019
Spelling: Students continued to work on a writing log entry for our Choose Your Own Adventure stories, logging bright spots and areas to work on. Also, we’ll have a spelling test tomorrow.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: Students practiced reading our class play script with good speed, tone, accuracy, and volume.
Writing: Students worked on revising conferences with a partner and on revising
Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Your student should be done drafting and revising by now by making improvements.
Math: We practiced dividing problems like 5.22 / 0.11. We are nearing the end of our class work time with
Science: We used a simulation to model how water vapor rises in the air, cools in the upper atmosphere, condenses as water drops, then falls as rain.
Social Studies: We read about what life was like in the southern colonies.
Character Strength: We are learning about love more this week.
- Our class is practicing and performing a play in March, called The Legend of Lightning Larry. Here is our practice schedule.
- Is your student doing a Daily Homework Time? Here’s a sample
schedule andmore ideas to get started.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- The second marking period ends today.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.