February 21st, 2019
Spelling: Students completed a spelling and skill test today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: Students worked on a STAR Reading test today.
Writing: Students worked on editing conferences with a partner and on editing their own essay today. Here is a literary essay we started together using the elements of an essay. And here is an example essay to look at. A literary essay is due Sunday, February 24.
Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Your student should be done drafting and editing for spelling, capitals, periods, and other mistakes.
Science: We used a simulation to model how water vapor rises in the air, cools in the upper atmosphere, condenses as water drops, then falls as rain.
Social Studies: We read about what life was like in the southern colonies.
Character Strength: We are learning about love more this week.
- Spring conferences are March 5-7. View, sign up or edit your time here.
- Our class is practicing and performing a play in March, called The Legend of Lightning Larry. Here is our practice schedule.
- Is your student doing a Daily Homework Time?
Here’sa sample schedule and more ideas to get started.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- The second marking period ends today.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.