February 22nd, 2019
Spelling: None today due to an assembly about heart health and cardiac arrest.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: Students worked on MobyMax Reading Stories today.
Writing: Students worked on publishing their essay today. Here is a literary essay we started together using the elements of an essay. And here is an example essay to look at. A literary essay is due Sunday, February 24.
Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Your student should be finishing up their essay!
Math: Students worked on a decimal division quiz. Several students didn’t finish or received a low score. Check JupiterGrades to see how your student did and how much of the topic they have completed. Your student can redo quiz 2 at home for practice, then try it again at school later, and they can also work at home to complete unfinished skills. Homework on weekdays is to practice math for 15 minutes using MobyMax or Khan Academy.
Science: We used a simulation find out where water vapor comes from.
Social Studies: We worked on a leader lesson about being a “transition person,” which is someone who helps
Character Strength: We are learning about love more this week.
- Spring conferences are March 5-7. View, sign up or edit your time here.
- Our class is practicing and performing a play in March, called The Legend of Lightning Larry. Here is our practice schedule.
- Is your student doing a Daily Homework Time?
Here’sa sample schedule and more ideas to get started.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- The second marking period ends today.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.