April 5th, 2019
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: Some students worked on STAR Reading test retakes or other reading assessments.
Writing: Students continued to collect research today and we started to organize the facts into an outline. The I-Search informational research project is due Friday, April 26. Homework on weekdays is for students to continue to collect information from books and websites. Students should also finish their prewriting outline that we started in Google Keep.
Students also started the Jet Toy Challenge. They worked in groups to build a chassis out of paper, straws, and plastic wheels. Their mission was to make the chassis roll in a straight line. Next the will add a balloon-jet motor.
Social Studies: None today due to the Jet Toy Challenge.
Character Strength: We are learning about humor this week.
- MSTEP testing will happen most days for the next two weeks. Please make sure your student charges their
chromebook, eats a good breakfast, gets 9-10 hours of sleep, and arrives at school on time for our morning testing.
- Is your student doing a Daily Homework Time? Here’s a sample
schedule andmore ideas to get started.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
- 5th Grade Camp is May 23-24. Find more information here.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.