April 9th, 2019
Spelling: Students continued to work on Words to Learn lists by correcting words missed on the last spelling test. This is your student’s personal spelling list for the next test.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: We read a realistic fiction story about a boy adjusting to middle school and learning to like a new hobby.
Writing: Students worked on adding facts and images to a
Math: We practiced adding and subtracting fractions again today. Several students are still struggling with the concept. Homework on weekdays is to practice math for 15 minutes using MobyMax or Khan Academy. Ask your student to show you if they have the fraction addition and subtraction skills finished.
Science: Today was the second part of the MSTEP science test. The mat test will begin tomorrow.
Social Studies: None today due to MSTEP test.
Character Strength: We are learning about the Other People Matter mindset this week.
- MSTEP testing will happen most days for the next two weeks. Please make sure your student charges their
chromebook, eats a good breakfast, gets 9-10 hours of sleep, and arrives at school on time for our morning testing.
- Is your student doing a Daily Homework Time? Here’s a sample
schedule andmore ideas to get started.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
- 5th Grade Camp is May 23-24. Find more information here.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.