May 1st, 2019
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: None today due to the late start schedule.
Writing: We reviewed the ingredients of poetry: imagery, music, and emotion. All poems have at least one of those elements. Students also worked on writing a poem with a musical beat or some emotion. A collection of poems will be due Sunday, May 19.
Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes.
Science: We talked about how chromatography paper separated food coloring and we will write an explanation of this tomorrow.
Social Studies: We read about the battles of Lexington, Concord and Bunker Hill today.
Character Strength: We are learning about purpose this week.
- Check out the GRASP program as an inexpensive way to give your student a reading or math boost over the summer. A final jumpstart before middle school!
- One way to get your student ready for middle school is to have them do a Daily Homework Time of 15 minutes of math and writing every day.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
- 5th Grade Camp is May 23-24. Find more information here.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.