May 2nd, 2019
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles. Students read an informational text about Mars and wrote notes.
Writing: We learned about adding music to poems using alliteration (same beginning sounds) or with onomatopoeia (words like splash, bam, whoosh). Students also continued working on their poem collection.
A collection of poems will be due Sunday, May 19. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes.
Science: Students wrote a scientific explanation about why a food coloring mixture on a piece of paper separated when water was added.
Social Studies: Students worked on a digital review and quiz about the start of the American Revolution.
Character Strength: We are learning about purpose this week.
- Check out the GRASP program as an inexpensive way to give your student a reading or math boost over the summer. A final jumpstart before middle school!
- One way to get your student ready for middle school is to have them do a Daily Homework Time of 15 minutes of math and writing every day.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
- 5th Grade Camp is May 23-24. Find more information here.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.