June 3rd, 2019
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: There are no more cursive assignments this year.
Reading: We read books from the Epic library. You can purchase a summer subscription to Epic for $3. That will give your student plenty of books to read. They can read on a tablet or their chromebook, and can even download books to read in the car. Use code SUMMER19 to get the summer for $3.
Writing: Students worked publishing novel today.
Math: We worked on volume and fraction skills today. Homework on weekdays is to practice math for 15 minutes using MobyMax or Khan Academy. Final math grades are due Saturday, so this is the final week to complete unfinished math skills.
Science: We have completed science for the year.
Social Studies: We started a unit on money skills today, focusing on understanding the differences between wants and needs.
- Important Dates
- Library books due May 31
- Last day to turn in graded work, June 7
- Field Day, June 7
- 5th Grade Farewell Program, June 13, 9 am – 12 pm.
- Waterpark Field Trip, June 14, 10 am – 3 pm. We need chaperones to drive students to the park. Can you help?
- Check out the GRASP program as an inexpensive way to give your student a reading or math boost over the summer. A final jumpstart before middle school!
- One way to get your student ready for middle school is to have them do a Daily Homework Time of 15 minutes of math and writing every day.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.