June 4th, 2019
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: There are no more cursive assignments this year.
Reading: We read books from the Epic library. You can purchase a summer subscription to Epic for $3. That will give your student plenty of books to read. They can read on a tablet or their chromebook, and can even download books to read in the car. Use code SUMMER19 to get the summer for $3.
Writing: Students worked publishing their novel today.
Math: We worked on volume, fraction and geometry skills today. Homework on weekdays is to practice math for 15 minutes using MobyMax or Khan Academy. Final math grades are due Saturday, so this is the final week to complete unfinished math skills.
Science: We have completed science for the year.
Social Studies: We talked about how to set short-term and long-term spending goals.
- Important Dates
- Library books due May 31
- Last day to turn in graded work, June 7
- Field Day, June 7
- 5th Grade Farewell Program, June 13, 9 am – 12 pm.
- Waterpark Field Trip, June 14, 10 am – 3 pm. We need one more chaperone to drive students to the park. Can you help?
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.