September 5th, 2019
Today was filled with more get-to-know-you activities and procedures:
We talked about if we should have class rules this year. I told the class that maybe we didn’t need them. Many cheered. Then we made a list of what kids could do in a class with no rules. Almost everything on the list was something bad or hurtful. We figured out it wouldn’t be fun to be in a class with no rules.
So then we made a list of 27 rules! That was a little much. We figured out we could cover everything on our list, good or bad, with one simple rule: “Follow the High Fives,” which are respect, responsibility, empathy, integrity, and perseverance. If we do that, we should be in good shape.
We also created a Class Agreement:
- Turn and look at the speaker.
- Use your time wisely.
- Follow directions.
- Talk at the right time.
- Keep pace with others.
Students that struggle with the class agreement may bring a behavior letter home to their family.
We started playing a teamwork game called, “Win as Much as You Can.” So far, our class isn’t doing too well. We’ve only won $200 out of a possible $2,500. Maybe Team Day will help us work as a team more!
- Team Day is tomorrow, Friday, September 6 from 9 – 10:30 am. The class will be completing team-building activities in student groups. Thanks to the family members that are helping tomorrow. Activities will be outside; students, dress for the weather!
- Here is the School Supply list
- Students will need a pair of earbuds this year. Something inexpensive will be fine. Earbuds are preferred over large headphones that are hard to store and usually more expensive to replace.
- Need to update your contact information or send in your email address or phone number? Do that here.
- Parents and family members, find out more information about our class here.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
- Things to do if you haven’t don’t them yet:
- More class information…