October 1st, 2019
Spelling: We practicing spelling words with silent letters for a final time again today.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 10-12 are available and are due Friday.
Reading: We an expository text about how slow and fast natural processes can change the earth.
Writing: We talked about using strong verbs so the reader can picture the action. Instead of saying “run,” say “streak, rip, pelt.”
Students continued working on drafting today. Your student should be finished with their draft tonight, including a beginning, middle, and ending. The draft should be about a full page.
A personal narrative is due October 11. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes.
Math: We practiced comparing large numbers today. Homework on weekdays is to practice math for 15 minutes using MobyMax or Khan Academy. Our class median for the place value topic is 93%, with a goal of finishing by October 3. Many students are ahead, but several are behind. Ask your student to show you their progress.
Science: Students finished notes from our last activity about examining a rock and using a simulation to study how rocks form.
Social Studies: We learned more about what a republic is like, how people can elect their leaders, how the power of a republic is limited.
Character Strength: We are learning about open-mindedness this week.
- Our first book order is due Friday.
- This week is Spirit Week. Check out the class calendar for a schedule.
- Have you started a Daily Homework Time with your student? If homework causes tears or battles, or if you have had to deal with missing assignments or low grades, read more about Daily Homework Time and start one with your student. It will help!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.