October 3rd, 2019
Spelling: Students worked on MobyMax Vocabulary today.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 10-12 are available and are due Friday.
Reading: Today was a discussion day in Literature Circles. Students shared their notes with other students and discussed their ideas.
Writing: Students continued to work on revising today. This is the time to add details (talking, action, visual details), take out parts that don’t fit or aren’t focused on the topic, finish unfinished thoughts, and improve the writing.
A personal narrative is due October 11. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Your student should be finished with a full-page draft and revising at this point.
Science: We used gravel, water, and plaster of Paris to make a model of sedimentary rock. We’ll see if our “rock layers” harden over night and cement into rock.
Social Studies: None today due to extra time with science.
Character Strength: We are learning about open-mindedness this week.
- Our first book order is due Friday.
- Tomorrow is a half day for Homecoming.
- This week is Spirit Week. Check out the class calendar for a schedule.
- Have you started a Daily Homework Time with your student? If homework causes tears or battles, or if you have had to deal with missing assignments or low grades, read more about Daily Homework Time and start one with your student. It will help!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.