October 4th, 2019
Spelling: None today due to the half day schedule.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 10-12 are available and were due today.
Reading: None today due to the half day schedule.
Writing: We talked about a stylistic trick in writing about the order of details. Before a character is described visually, it is good to add some action or talking. Make the character talk or make them do some action before you describe what they look like. This helps the reader to understand who this character is and why they should care about them.
Students continued to work on revising today. This is the time to add details (talking, action, visual details), take out parts that don’t fit or aren’t focused on the topic, finish unfinished thoughts, and improve the writing.
A personal narrative is due October 11. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Your student should be revising by now.
Science: None today due to the half day schedule.
Social Studies: We wrote notes about how a fictional government compared to the US government in individual rights, freedoms, rule of law, common good, and if the government was a republic.
Character Strength: We are learning about open-mindedness this week.
Today was the kickoff for our annual Fun Run Fundraiser:
- Our first book order is due today.
- Fun Run Fundraiser donations are due October 21. Learn more or donate online.
- Have you started a Daily Homework Time with your student? If homework causes tears or battles, or if you have had to deal with missing assignments or low grades, read more about Daily Homework Time and start one with your student. It will help!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.