October 21st, 2019
Spelling: Today was a preview of upcoming spelling words.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 19-21 are available and are due Friday.
Reading: This week is a reading skills practice week. Today we used MobyMax Reading Stories.
Writing: We talked about using fresh language:
- Write precise nouns that say what you really mean;
- Write strong action verbs that help the reader to picture the action;
- Write choice adjectives that answer for the reader, “What kind?”
Students also worked on drafting today. Your student should have about 30 lines of their draft finished by tonight, and should be past the middle of their story.
A “fictionalized” personal narrative is due Sunday, November 3. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes.
Science: We created a model to learn that bottom layers of rock were formed first, and top layers of rock were formed last. That means lower rock layers are older, and upper layers are newer.
Social Studies: None today due to the Fun Run.
We had four families from our class participate in fundraising; thanks for the people who helped raise funds for activities, assemblies, supplies, and trips!
Character Strength: We are learning about perspective this week.
- Fun Run Fundraiser donations are due today!
- Have you started a Daily Homework Time with your student? If homework causes tears or battles, or if you have had to deal with missing assignments or low grades, read more about Daily Homework Time and start one with your student. It will help!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.