October 28th, 2019
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 22-24 are available and were are due Friday.
Reading: We read some folktales about animals and practiced finding the moral of the story.
Writing: Students worked on revising conferences by commenting on a partner’s writing today. Students also worked on revising their own story today.
A “fictionalized” personal narrative is due Sunday, November 3. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes.
Science: Students continued to work on their Mystery Environment scientific argument that was started on Friday.
Social Studies: We finished reading about the three branches of government and wrote notes in our minibooks.
Character Strength: We are learning about creativity this week.
- We are having a Hawaiian Beach Bash on Friday, November 8 from 12:30-3:30. Family members are invited to join us and help with the food and games! Here is our volunteer and guest list.
- The Math page has been updated, and check it out if you have ever wondered why our class uses digital tools for math.
- Have you started a Daily Homework Time with your student? If homework causes tears or battles, or if you have had to deal with missing assignments or low grades, read more about Daily Homework Time and start one with your student. It will help!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.