October 29th, 2019
Spelling: We learned about common spelling patterns for the /k/ sound: c, ck, c, ch, qu.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 22-24 are available and are due Friday.
Reading: We read a folktale about how being greedy causes trouble and pain.
Writing: We talked about adding visual details to show the setting. That will make the places of a story seem more realistic.
Students also worked on editing by checking for mistakes with spelling, capitals, periods, sentence sense, quotation marks, and paragraphs.
A “fictionalized” personal narrative is due Sunday, November 3. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes.
Science: We read a book about how rocks can change over time due to weathering and erosion caused by wind, water, and ice.
Social Studies: We watched some video clips to learn about the three branches of government.
Character Strength: We are learning about creativity this week.
- The school Harvest Fest is tomorrow, Wednesday, from 5:30-7:30! Students may wear a costume to the Harvest Fest, but no costumes during school hours, please.
- We are having a Hawaiian Beach Bash on Friday, November 8 from 12:30-3:30. Family members are invited to join us and help with the food and games! Here is our volunteer and guest list.
- Have you started a Daily Homework Time with your student? If homework causes tears or battles, or if you have had to deal with missing assignments or low grades, read more about Daily Homework Time and start one with your student. It will help!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.