October 30th, 2019
Spelling: Students make Words to Learn lists from words missed on the last spelling test. This will be your student’s custom spelling list to practice for the next test.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 22-24 are available and are due Friday.
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles. Students read a folktale and wrote notes about their thinking.
Writing: We talked about adding paragraphs for new times, places, actions, people, ideas, and speakers.
Students also worked on editing today.
A “fictionalized” personal narrative is due Sunday, November 3. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes.
Science: We wrote notes about how rocks can change over time due to weathering and erosion caused by wind, water, plants and ice. We also used a simulation to learn that more erosion can happen with faster water over longer time periods.
Social Studies: We started to research the branches of government and what they are like.
Character Strength: We are learning about creativity this week.
- The school Harvest Fest is tonight from 5:30-7:30! Students may wear a costume to the Harvest Fest, but no costumes during school hours, please. Many activities are free, and others are $1-2.
- We are having a Hawaiian Beach Bash on Friday, November 8 from 12:30-3:30. Family members are invited to join us and help with the food and games! Here is our volunteer and guest list.
- Have you started a Daily Homework Time with your student? If homework causes tears or battles, or if you have had to deal with missing assignments or low grades, read more about Daily Homework Time and start one with your student. It will help!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.