October 31st, 2019
Spelling: Students practiced writing words with common /k/ spelling patterns: c, ck, ch, k, qu.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 22-24 are available and are due Friday.
Reading: Today was a discussion day in Literature Circles.
Writing: We talked more about adding paragraphs for new times, places, actions, people, ideas, and speakers.
Students also worked on editing today during editing conferences with a partner.
A “fictionalized” personal narrative is due Sunday, November 3. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes.
Science: None today due to extra social studies time.
Social Studies: We wrote notes about the branches of government. We also learned about beginning with the end in mind.
Character Strength: We are learning about creativity this week.
- View the Tardies page to see how I track and use tardies to help students become more responsible.
- We are having a Hawaiian Beach Bash on Friday, November 8 from 12:30-3:30. Family members are invited to join us and help with the food and games! Here is our volunteer and guest list.
- Sign up for a fall conference or view your time online.
- Have you started a Daily Homework Time with your student? If homework causes tears or battles, or if you have had to deal with missing assignments or low grades, read more about Daily Homework Time and start one with your student. It will help!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.