November 1st, 2019
Spelling: None today. We used this time to create a personal agreement in our Leadership Notebooks.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 22-24 are available and were due today.
Reading: Today was a reading skills practice day using MobyMax Foundational Reading.
Writing: Students worked on publishing today.
A “fictionalized” personal narrative is due Sunday, November 3. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes.
Math: We practiced multiplying numbers using area models today.
Science: We used a stream table to model water eroding sediment to form a canyon. We learned that the longer water moves, the more sand it erodes. We also learned that faster water causes much more erosion than slower water.
Social Studies: None due to extra social studies.
Character Strength: We are learning about creativity this week.
- Tuesday is Election Day. No school for students.
- View the Tardies page to see how I track and use tardies to help students become more responsible.
- We are having a Hawaiian Beach Bash on Friday, November 8 from 12:30-3:30. Family members are invited to join us and help with the food and games! Here is our volunteer and guest list.
- Sign up for a fall conference or view your time online.
- Have you started a Daily Homework Time with your student? If homework causes tears or battles, or if you have had to deal with missing assignments or low grades, read more about Daily Homework Time and start one with your student. It will help!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.