November 7th, 2019
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 25, 26, 29 are available and are due Friday.
Reading: Some students completed reading assessments today.
Writing: Students completed prewriting conferences today by commenting on a partner’s prewriting.
Students also continued to work on their prewriting.
A fiction story is due Sunday, November 24. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Your student should be finished with prewriting by tonight.
Math: Today was another work day for students to finish up addition and subtraction skills or to work on the current topic.
Science: Students wrote a science argument to explain why one canyon would be deeper than another. Homework is to finish the Comparing Canyons science argument (a Google Doc) and to submit to Jupiter tonight if not finished in class.
Social Studies: We finished writing notes about the three branches of government and their powers.
Character Strength: We are learning about bravery this week.
- Tomorrow is our Hawaiian Beach Bash! The party is from 12:30-3:30. Students, bring your costumes (summer or Hawaiian-type clothes) and you can change at school around lunch time. Family members are invited to join us and help with the food and games! Here is our volunteer and guest list.
- View your fall conference time online.
- Have you started a Daily Homework Time with your student? If homework causes tears or battles, or if you have had to deal with missing assignments or low grades, read more about Daily Homework Time and start one with your student. It will help!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.