December 9th, 2019
Spelling: We practiced spelling words with digraphs: ph, th, wh, ch, sh. These two letters form one new sound.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 39-41 are available and due on Friday.
Reading: Students completed a STAR Reading test today. Here is our progress so far this year:
Writing: We talked writing believable dialogue that sounds realistic and interesting. Kids should sound like kids, scientists like scientists, parents like parents.
Students also worked more on revising.
A fiction story is due Sunday, December 15. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Your student should be revising now by adding new words and ideas to their story to make it better.
Science: We looked at some incorrect models about how light helps an animal to see. Homework is to finish notebook pp. 33-36.
Social Studies: We wrote notes in our minibooks about checks and balances. We will have a MiniQuiz about this tomorrow.
Character Strength: We are learning about humility this week.
- Our Holiday Shop time is tomorrow. Students, bring money if you would like to shop!
- Our field trip to the Michigan Capitol and Historical Museum is Thursday, December 12. Students need to arrive to school at 7:15 am and will need a sack lunch with disposable containers.
- Have you started a Daily Homework Time with your student? If homework causes tears or battles, or if you have had to deal with missing assignments or low grades, read more about Daily Homework Time and start one with your student. It will help!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.