December 10th, 2019
Spelling: We practiced using the there/their/they’re homophones.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 39-41 are available and due on Friday.
Reading: We decorated our arbolito (little tree) and started to read a story about a Mexican girl and her holiday traditions.
Writing: Students completed revising conferences by adding comments to a partner’s writing.
Students also worked more on revising.
A fiction story is due Sunday, December 15. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Your student should be revising now by adding new words and ideas to their story to make it better.
Math: We practiced two digit multiplication today, such as 52 X 37. Homework on weekdays is to practice math for 15 minutes using MobyMax or Khan Academy. Since this was our first day on this skill, some students were confused. Ask your student how they are doing with multiplication.
Science: We write a scientific explanation about how light helps animals to see their prey.
Social Studies: None today. We will have a MiniQuiz about checks and balances tomorrow.
Character Strength: We are learning about humility this week.
- Book orders are due tomorrow! If you want to order for a gift, just let me know and I can keep the order a secret!
- Our field trip to the Michigan Capitol and Historical Museum is Thursday, December 12. Students need to arrive at school at 7:15 am and will need a sack lunch with disposable containers.
- Have you started a Daily Homework Time with your student? If homework causes tears or battles, or if you have had to deal with missing assignments or low grades, read more about Daily Homework Time and start one with your student. It will help!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.