January 8th, 2020
Spelling: Today was the school spelling bee! Congratulations to our room finalists, Yousef and Jaxon. Jaxon will move on to the district spelling bee!
Tomorrow will be a spelling test.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 45-47 are available and are due Friday.
Reading: Students worked on MobyMax Reading Stories and Foundational Reading today.
Writing: We looked at the beginnings of some Choose Your Own Adventure stories and learned they write about these things on the first page:
- Who the first character is, where they are at, what skills they have
- The problem of the story
- The main character at an interesting place start the action right away
Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Students should be drafting their Google Site adventure tory by now.
This project is due Wednesday, January 22. Some ideas and resources are below:
Choose Your Own Adventure Resources
- Here are some good student examples:
- Look through the Underground Railroad Interactive History Adventure book (hint: search for “the end” to see some of the endings of the book).
- Look at some examples of different kinds of endings in a Choose Your Own Adventure Story.
- Find a complete list of resources here.
Science: None today due to the late start.
Social Studies: None today due to the late start.
Character Strength: We are learning about optimism this week.
- Family Math and Science Night is January 30 from 5:30-7:00 pm. Lots of fun experiments, math games, and free hot dogs! Please come!
- Is your student doing a Daily Homework Time? Here’s a sample schedule and more ideas to get started.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.