January 10th, 2020
Spelling: None today due to working on our leadership notebooks. We wrote about some goals today.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 45-47 are available and were due today.
Reading: Today was a discussion day in Literature Circles.
Writing: We looked at more scenes from some Choose Your Own Adventure stories and some bad endings
Students continued drafting their Choose Your Own Adventure fiction gamebook. The goal is to write a new page every day, with a minimum of seven pages for this project. If a student writes one page at school and home each day, they will end up with 14 pages!
Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Students should be drafting their Google Site adventure story and should have at least four pages completed by now.
This project is due Wednesday, January 22. Some ideas and resources are below:
Choose Your Own Adventure Resources
- Here are some good student examples:
- Look through the Underground Railroad Interactive History Adventure book (hint: search for “the end” to see some of the endings of the book).
- Look at some examples of different kinds of endings in a Choose Your Own Adventure Story.
- Find a complete list of resources here.
Math: We worked on MobyMax Math again today, focusing on one and two-digit multiplication. Most students are now finished with one-digit multiplication skills and are practicing two-digit multiplication at this time. Homework on weekdays is to practice math for 15 minutes using MobyMax or Khan Academy.
Science: We read about how animals active during the day have eyes that can see colors in bright light. Animals active at night have eyes that can see low light, but not see colors well.
Social Studies: Today was a leader lesson about beginning with the end in mind and setting goals.
Character Strength: We are learning about optimism this week.
- Family Math and Science Night is January 30 from 5:30-7:00 pm. Lots of fun experiments, math games, and free hot dogs! Please come!
- Is your student doing a Daily Homework Time? Here’s a sample schedule and more ideas to get started.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.