January 30th, 2020
Spelling: We practiced soft syllable endings today. The words main and certain have the same ending spelling, but are pronounced differently because certain has a soft syllable ending.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 53-54 are available and are due Friday. These are our last cursive worksheets of the year. For the remainder of the year, our weekly assignment will be 10 cursive sentences, with seven or more words each.
Reading: Today was a discussion day in Literature Circles.
Writing: Students worked on prewriting their literary essay today. A literary essay is due Tuesday, February 11. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Students should work more on prewriting tonight.
Here are some resources to help with this project:
Science: Students shared with the class the results of their group science experiments completed this week.
Social Studies: We reviewed important terms related to economics today.
Character Strength: We are learning about the #OtherPeopleMatter mindset this week.
- MP3 report cards will be available Friday at Jupiter Ed.
- Family Math and Science Night is tonight, Thursday, January 30 from 5:30-7:00 pm. Lots of fun experiments, math games, and free hot dogs! Please come!
- Is your student doing a Daily Homework Time? Here’s a sample schedule and more ideas to get started.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.