January 29th, 2020
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 53-54 are available and are due Friday. These are our last cursive worksheets of the year. For the remainder of the year, our weekly assignment will be 10 cursive sentences, with seven or more words each.
Reading: We checked out books today to use for our literary essay project. Students starting reading their books and then started to prewriting what the book was teaching. Homework is to finish reading the book tonight!
Writing: We finished prewriting a practice essay in class today. Here is a completed essay from another year. Here are the elements of an essay. And here is another example essay. A literary essay is due Tuesday, February 11.
Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Tonight, students should finish reading their story and decide what the story is teaching about. Students should also start prewriting if they can.
Science: Students worked with other students to complete the science experiment they designed earlier.
Social Studies: We reviewed an organizer about how people have unlimited wants and limited resources, so they have to make choices about what goods and services they can buy. Homework is to finish the Economic Concepts organizer if not done in class.
Character Strength: We are learning about the #OtherPeopleMatter mindset this week.
- MP3 report cards will be available Friday at Jupiter Ed.
- Family Math and Science Night is Thursday, January 30 from 5:30-7:00 pm. Lots of fun experiments, math games, and free hot dogs! Please come!
- Is your student doing a Daily Homework Time? Here’s a sample schedule and more ideas to get started.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.