February 4th, 2020
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Friday.
Reading: We read a biography about Elizabeth Cady Stanton and how she worked for women’s voting rights. We also talked about rereading to find answers in a text.
Writing: We talked about using a quote or a question in the lead of an essay to add fresh language and style.
Students also worked on drafting their literary essay. A literary essay is due Tuesday, February 11. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Students should have the first three or four paragraphs drafted by tonight.
Here are some resources to help with this project:
Science: We started our next topic about waves, energy, and information. This topic will be about explaining how dolphins can communicate underwater.
Social Studies: We finished answering questions that economists might ask about Michigan.
Character Strength: We are learning about forgiveness this week.
- Our Feb Factor Valentine’s Party is Friday, February 14 from 9 am to 12:30 pm. Here is our volunteer and guest list.
- MP3 report cards are available at Jupiter Ed.
- Is your student doing a Daily Homework Time? Here’s a sample schedule and more ideas to get started.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.