February 13th, 2020
Spelling: We started to review rules for adding suffixes onto base words. Most suffixes are just added onto words. For words that end in silent e, the e is dropped before adding a vowel suffix.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Students practiced reading skills using MobyMax today.
A persuasive letter is due Sunday, March 1. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Students could be thinking of some ways to improve our school or community at this point.
Here are some resources to help with this project:
We are only 0.2 from reaching our yearly goal!
Science: We used a simulation again today to model how instruments make sounds and how the sounds travel as waves.
Social Studies: We wrote notes in our minibooks about important economics ideas. We also started learning about a market economy. Finally, we started talking about how to make plans to reach our goals.
Character Strength: We are learning about love this week.
- Our Feb Factor Valentine’s Party is Friday, February 14 from 9 am to 12:30 pm. Here is our volunteer and guest list.
- Celebration of Learning is Wednesday, March 4 from 4:30-7:00 pm. Come see your student’s leadership notebook, writing portfolio, and tour the school!
- Spring conferences are March 3 and 5. Students with academic or behavior concerns may be asked to attend a conference. View, sign up or edit your conference time here.
- MP3 report cards are available at Jupiter Ed.
- Is your student doing a Daily Homework Time? Here’s a sample schedule and more ideas to get started.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.