February 12th, 2020
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Students completed a STAR Reading test today. Here is our performance so far this year:
As you can see, we are only 0.1 away from reaching our yearly goal!
Writing: We started a new project today, a persuasive letter to the editor. Students will be writing about a way to improve our school or community, and convincing others that it is a good idea. This week, we are reviewing core democratic values that students will use as evidence.
A persuasive letter is due Sunday, March 1. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Students could be thinking of some ways to improve our school or community at this point.
Here are some resources to help with this project:
Math: Students worked on the factors, multiples, and patterns unit test today. Most students took the test multiple times to try to improve their score. Our final mastery completion for this topic was 97%, our highest score in four units! Homework on weekdays is to practice math for 15 minutes using MobyMax or Khan Academy.
Science: We used a simulation to model how instruments make sounds and how the sounds travel as waves.
Social Studies: We reviewed the scarcity problems chart from yesterday and worked on an organizer about how governments create economic systems.
Character Strength: We are learning about love this week.
- Our Feb Factor Valentine’s Party is Friday, February 14 from 9 am to 12:30 pm. Here is our volunteer and guest list.
- Celebration of Learning is Wednesday, March 4 from 4:30-7:00 pm. Come see your student’s leadership notebook, writing portfolio, and tour the school!
- Spring conferences are March 3 and 5. Students with academic or behavior concerns may be asked to attend a conference. View, sign up or edit your conference time here.
- MP3 report cards are available at Jupiter Ed.
- Is your student doing a Daily Homework Time? Here’s a sample schedule and more ideas to get started.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.