February 11th, 2020
Spelling: Students continued working on Words to Learn lists from words they missed on the last spelling test. This is your student’s customized spelling list for the next test.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: We read a persuasive essay about genetically modified foods.
Writing: Students worked on publishing their literary essay today. A literary essay is due Tuesday, February 11. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Students should be finished with their essay tonight!
Here are some resources to help with this project:
Science: None today due to extra social studies time.
Social Studies: Students worked on reading about different scenarios about scarcity and planning what choices could be made. Homework is to finish the Scarcity Chart if not done in class.
Character Strength: We are learning about love this week.
- Our Feb Factor Valentine’s Party is Friday, February 14 from 9 am to 12:30 pm. Here is our volunteer and guest list.
- Celebration of Learning is Wednesday, March 4 from 4:30-7:00 pm. Come see your student’s leadership notebook, writing portfolio, and tour the school!
- Spring conferences are March 3 and 5. Students with academic or behavior concerns may be asked to attend a conference. View, sign up or edit your conference time here.
- MP3 report cards are available at Jupiter Ed.
- Is your student doing a Daily Homework Time? Here’s a sample schedule and more ideas to get started.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.