February 10th, 2020
Spelling: Students started working on Words to Learn lists from words they missed on the last spelling test.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: We read a persuasive essay about organic farming.
Writing: Students worked on editing their literary essay today. A literary essay is due Tuesday, February 11. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Students should be editing for mistakes at this point.
Here are some resources to help with this project:
Science: We read about tsunami waves today. Homework is to finish notebook pp. 9-10 if not done in class.
Social Studies: None today.
Character Strength: We are learning about love this week.
- Market Day is tomorrow. Students that would like to shop can bring some money for purchases.
- Our Feb Factor Valentine’s Party is Friday, February 14 from 9 am to 12:30 pm. Here is our volunteer and guest list.
- Celebration of Learning is Wednesday, March 4 from 4:30-7:00 pm. Come see your student’s leadership notebook, writing portfolio, and tour the school!
- Spring conferences are March 3 and 5. Students with academic or behavior concerns may be asked to attend a conference. View, sign up or edit your conference time here.
- MP3 report cards are available at Jupiter Ed.
- Is your student doing a Daily Homework Time? Here’s a sample schedule and more ideas to get started.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.