February 7th, 2020
Spelling: We learned that r following a vowel makes a new sound.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Today was a discussion day in Literature Circles.
Writing: Students worked on revising their literary essay today. A literary essay is due Tuesday, February 11. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Students should have their draft finished with five paragraphs and should be looking for ways to improve their writing at this point.
Here are some resources to help with this project:
Science: Students used slinkies and rope to model how waves move. Homework is to finish notebook pp. 6-7 if not done in class.
Social Studies: We started writing notes about how choices could be made in different situations when there is scarcity.
Character Strength: We are learning about forgiveness this week.
- Our Feb Factor Valentine’s Party is Friday, February 14 from 9 am to 12:30 pm. Here is our volunteer and guest list.
- MP3 report cards are available at Jupiter Ed.
- Is your student doing a Daily Homework Time? Here’s a sample schedule and more ideas to get started.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.